Ask for No Bullshit, Get Some More!
New Pb285 pp.
Subjects: Malaysia, Politics
No-nonsense writer Kee Thuan Chye is back exposing more bullshit in the Malaysian political realm. His pen is as sharp as ever as he slices the lies to bits. Najib Razak, Hishammuddin Hussein, Shahrizat Abdul Jalil, Mahathir Mohamad, Perkasa, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, the Election Commission, PTPTN, Chua Soi Lek, Utusan Malaysia, Pakatan Rakyat, even the police — hardly anyone is spared. To get a sense of the current political state, every Malaysian should read this book.
Among its contents are:
• Lament of a Stressed-out Minister
• Storm the Barricades
• BN Could Suffer for Attack on Students
• The Police Must Act Against Perkasa
• How Do You Stop LGBTs from Becoming MPs?
• Another Cock-and-Bull Story from Mahathir
• What Everyone Should Know About Operasi Lalang
• God, Comedy and the Umno General Assembly
• The Message of Bersih 3.0 Must Be Heard
• Anwar’s Acquittal and the 901 Rally
• Was Shahrizat’s Act Really a Sacrifice?
My purpose in putting this new book together is to point out the dirt so that we can, hopefully, get rid of it and, in the longer run, help bring about a better Malaysia. I have no doubt many of us want that — a better Malaysia that is well governed, that is not progress-retarded because of corruption, that has a place for everyone. It’s up to us, really, to decide how we can help make this come about. One of the basic ways is to vote wisely for the right leaders, another is to take an active part in making them listen to us. It all amounts to taking responsibility for our country — and that is something all of us should do.
— Kee Thuan Chye