The Malaysian Estates Staff Provident Fund 1947-2017
Click Image for Gallery
In this book, Jerayaj C. Rajarao provides a detailed and compelling account of the first provident fund established in Malaya through co-operation between plantation companies, the All Malayan Estates Staff Union and the then colonial government of Malaya. This account also:
- situates the MESPF in the broader political, economic and social situation in colonial and post-colonial Malaya and later Malaysia,
- highlighting the impact of colonial capitalism and labour regulation,
- the importance of immigration,
- the growth of state intervention in the economy, transformations in the plantation industry
- the impacts of global financial crises on the MESPF.